Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Game Makers

Sandra has a good posting on her blog about Building the Game Making Community.

How do we play this “making the game” together game? is the central question she asks.

Sandra, you have provided the tools (blog and wiki) and plenty of inspiration, now I think we need an objective.

What game are we going to make?
What are we going to try to accomplish with the game?

Maybe the group will come up with multiple games to make.
We can list them, prioritize them and get started with one.

I think we should start simple.

We'll learn as much together the first time through about ourselves as about the process itself. The second time, trying something a little more challenging in the game itself, will actually be easier because we'll be more able to work together.

I'll put my thinking cap on to come up with a suggestion or two.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "The Game Makers"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Hi Steve
Game objective = nonprofit social entrepreneur's earned income ventures become more profitable.
Game we make? I don't know. That's why I want us to make the game together.
Yes. Start simple and start small. I TOTALLY agree - we will learn from each other in the process of making the game together. That's my whole point.
If we can 'gird up our loins' so to speak, embrace the chaos, have at it -- sooner (rather than later, I bet) we will make something useful out of our collective experience.

 

post a comment