Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

How to write an Outstanding Post?

I was tagged by Terry to address this topic: What is an outstanding post?


How do you define outstanding?

Is it one that the writer really feels good about, that it just came together and flowed?

Or is it one that generated the most traffic? Or is it one that generated the most comments?

I lean towards the audience determining whether a post is outstanding or not. I think the third part of the audience I wrote about in the Fire Circle Story is the key. From what I have seen, there is no one tool that can tell you what you need to know about your readers today. Persistence in writing will create content that someone will find when they need it. And when they do, you will have succeeded. It may be today, it maybe tomorrow, or months from now.

It maybe that after all is said and done, when your post is found, it may have been because it was the only one left standing. That is negative logic that I don't aspire to. I prefer to align with Terry on taking the optimistic or glass half full approach.

So tell me, what do you think?
Have I ever created an outstanding post for you?

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "How to write an Outstanding Post?"

 

Blogger Terry Starbucker said ... (4:14 PM) : 

Hey Steve, thanks for responding to the tag (and your comment on my blog - sounds like you are a busy man in May, but we'll reserve a seat for you for SOBCon08!). Glad to hear you are a half-fuller too. You consistently show the "authenticity" that results in outstanding posts - just keep blogging! All the best

 

post a comment