Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.

Friday, November 10, 2006

A father's advice

I want to remind you that in my own experience, all of the “learning” I did in all of the college classrooms I've spent time in does not come close to the learning that I've done on my own for the simple reason that now I am learning with people who are just as (if not more) passionate to “know” as I am. And that is what I want for you, to connect to people and environments where your passions connect, and the expectation is that you learn together, not learn on your own. Where you are free to create your own curriculum, find your own teachers, and create your own assessments as they are relevant. Where you make decisions (and your teachers guide you in those decisions) as to what is relevant to know and what isn't instead of someone deciding that for you.
Halleluiah!!  Bold for my emphasis
 
Read the full posting here titled "Dear Kids, you don't have to go to college"
 
Recalls the posting of last year by Kathy Sierra of Creating Passionate Users.
 
Do you have that passion?
 
Isn't it wonderful?
 
 
 
 
Powered By Qumana

Comments on "A father's advice"

 

post a comment