Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Main stage - Saturday afternoon - Lucille Clifton

Lucille Clifton , one of the matriarchs of American poetry, is not really a 'grand matriarch' at all. She is so open, so down to earth. I have had the pleasure of hearing her at the three Dodge events I have attended and multiple times at those events. Usually in a "Poets on Poetry" session and then she always takes part in the Poetry Sampler and again on the Main stage in Saturday evening lineup.  I don't tire of listening to Lucille. Even when she has repeated a poem I have heard before, it is a "new" reading. Something new comes from hearing at a different time and place.
 
"Miriam"
 
"After blues"
 
FL
"... my father was so sure"
 
FL
"what I know is"
 
"In 1958"
 
FL
"You are nearly light enough"
 
"Mataooha" - she who is called Pocahontas
 
"Aunt Jemima"
 
"September song"
 
FL
 
 
Technorati Tags : , ,
 
Powered By Qumana

Comments on "Main stage - Saturday afternoon - Lucille Clifton"

 

post a comment