Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

BlackBerry Thumb

As a recent convert to a BlackBerry from a Nextel phone/walkie-talkie, I am fearful of the dreaded "BlackBerry thumb".
 
I should not really be too fearful. One way to avoid this malady is to limit your usage. And I do. My thumbs also assist in that they are larger than the keys on the keypad so if it will take more than a few words to write, I'll wait until I get back to my desktop to respond.
 
But if you must respond all the time, then there are some exercises to help avoid the problem.
 
The American Physical Therapy Association has released a series of hand exercises that can reduce the chances of developing "BlackBerry thumb."
 
Yes, it may be time to exercise your fingers.
 
 
 
Powered By Qumana

Comments on "BlackBerry Thumb"

 

post a comment